Family friends and clients,
Amazing we are already well into February. I know tomorrow we will wake up and be preparing for Thanksgiving…at least sometimes it feels this way. For today I hope you enjoy our newsleter.
From what we do here helping people build memories on the beach to ways to live the good life – we appreciate this chance to stay in touch with you.
Be it our MLS Sold Report, Valentines day tips, 10 ways to make more room for joy in your life, greeat service providers… I hope every month something in our news is of value to you.
Click in the image to watch video!
Most importantly thank you for the opportunity no matter how big or small to be a part of your story here in Rocky Point.
It is a Priveledge to do what I do.
38 years enjoying Rocky Point – Family bought here in 1979
10 years living and representing real estate in Rocky Point full time.
602-300-5214 US Cell
Topics for this months Newsletter!!!
A. Living the good life “How to find your passion”
B. Valentine’s day
- Great ideas for your lady
- Great ideas for your men
C. Quick links to your favorite areas and Hot Deals!
D. Great Services in Rocky Point
- Ant Crossfit Gym
- Med Italian restaurante
E. 10 ways to make room for Joy in your life
F. MLS Sold Report for Rocky Point Mexico
G. February Events in RP
H. For your Arizona Real Estate – contact Grant Mackenzie Jr.
602-300-5214 ( US Cell – Full time in Rocky Point for 10 years )
A. LIVING THE GOOD LIFE “HOW TO FIND YOUR PASSION”
Feeling stuck, unmotivated and unsure about how to reignite your sense of wonder? Take a risk and scare the heck out of yourself.
Do what you love, and you’ll never work a day in your lie.
Career experts debate whether this adage is great advice for charting a professional path, but the question then becomes: What am I passionate about?
Whether your goal is to find a career that excites you or to enrich your life with a hobby, identifying a passion is a natural inclination. In several studies researchers have found that passion is a critical component of psychological well-being, goal-accomplishing and effective leadership.
Ask yourself these questions to determine what invigorates you.
What interested you when you were young?
Manon DeFelice, founder of Ink Well, a recruiting agency that helps high-powered women stay in or re-enter the workforce, asks clients, “What was the topic of your high school senior thesis?” The answer often surprises people with the precision with which it points to a current passion.
What causes do you care about?
Chris Dorsey, profiled right, was passionate about environmental conservation from an early age. He used that enthusiasm to create what would become one of the biggest reality-TV production companies, with a mission to support the outdoors and conservation. “It’s remarkable how the more I give to conservation organizations, the more good things happen to me and my company,” Dorsey says. “That has happened too many times to be coincidence.”
Do something scary.
Feeling stuck, unmotivated and unsure about how to reignite your sense of wonder? Take a risk and scare the heck out of yourself. Always considered yourself a klutz? Join a recreational sports team. Terrified of public speaking? Take an improv class. Jolt your psyche to a place it has never gone.
Take money out of the equation.
If you suffer from paralysis under the pressure of finding your moneymaking passion, take the money part out and focus on the zeal you feel for the activity.
Passion is a critical component of psychological well-being.
For more information click on http://www.success.com/article/how-to-find-your-passion
B. HOW NOT TO SCREW IT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
Hey men—it’s that time of the year again where many of you in relationships wish you were single for just a week, so you don’t have to deal with Valentine’s Day. It a tough holiday for you guys, because you often feel like you get it wrong. Your girlfriend or wife says she doesn’t want anything, so you don’t get her anything, and then she pouts for days. It’s confusing for you. You aren’t sure what the right thing to do is, so many of you just try to ignore it. Here are some tips for you:
- Make it special—Take 10 minutes and write down a list of things that are special to her. What is her favorite book? What is her favorite place or a place she dreams of visiting. How about her favorite song? Think about stories she has told you about her childhood and jot down key points. Now you have a list of things that are uniquely special to her. Is there a clue in that list to a special gift you can get her or an activity you can plan that she will love?
- Women love flowers—Most women really love getting flowers. The truth is that most women would like to get them several times a year, but if they have no other options, they at least expect them on Valentine’s Day (and your anniversary). There are rare exceptions of women that don’t like them, but most do. It’s a good idea to find out what type and color your woman likes, because it makes a big difference in how happy she is with them. Ideally, you would ask throughout the year when you see flowers if she likes them, but since you only have a few more days, just ask her outright what she likes.
- A card is important—Valentine’s Day is about romance and love. This is a time to tell your lady why you love her and why she matters to you. If you can manage it, the best thing to do is to write something on your own, but it has to be from the heart! If that’s just too much for you, buy her a sweet card. Funny is good, but sweet is important.
- Be sweet!—You can never go wrong with something sweet like candy, cookies, a cupcake or some conversation hearts. Of course it is corny to get her something sweet, but it will be appreciated.
- Plan something—Part of showing her that you care is taking the time to plan an evening. It can be a reservation at a restaurant you two love or a sweet evening at home. It can include a walk or something you don’t usually take the time to do. Even something fun like bowling if you plan it in advance will feel romantic. Men often underestimate how powerful it is to take charge and have a plan. It makes women feel feminine and romantic!
- Cost doesn’t matter—There are exceptions to this rule, but Valentine’s day is about romance, not money. If you are short on cash, it’s ok to pick a few flowers and wrap them up nicely. You can make your own card and put some heartfelt words on it. You can whip up some kind of dinner at home. It’s really about the effort and showing you care and not about money.
- Manage your expectations—After you have done all these nice things for your woman and have put time and effort into pleasing her, you may hope for some intimate time. It’s great to hope, but just don’t expect. Expectations put too much pressure on the situation and don’t allow for things to happen more naturally.
Hey Women—it’s that time of year when you are getting ready for Valentine’s day. You probably already have your card for him and something planned on your end. However, you are also full of expectations about the big day! What will he get you? How will he profess his love. The excitement can really build leading up to February 14, so here are some tips to enjoy the holiday.
- Communicate—It’s important to be clear with your man what Valentine’s day means to you. For many, it is a romantic holiday, but for some it’s just a Hallmark holiday that means nothing. Many men don’t think it means that much, so if it does matter to you, you should tell him.
- Details, details—When you are explaining to your man how much Valentine’s day means to you, you need to be specific. Have you always imagined flowers? Candy? A romantic dinner out? A quiet dinner at home? If you want your man to arrange the right kind of date, tell him in detail what you like.
- Timing is everything—When you tell your man what you want makes a big difference. First of all, give him enough early warning that he has time to prepare, but not so much time that he forgets when the holiday rolls around. 2-3 weeks ahead of time is a good window. Make sure you have his attention. When he first gets home from work, is texting, is falling asleep or on his iPad are not ideal times to talk about anything important, but especially not stuff you really want him to hear.
- Manage your expectations—If you missed your window and did not communicate, it is very important that you cut him some slack. Guys feel a lot of pressure to get it right on Valentine’s day and they have everything working against them. Every other guy is trying to buy flowers. There is a long line at the candy store, and most restaurants are booked. If he’s doing the best he can and has sincerely tried, try not to get mad at him if he messes it up!
- Positive reinforcement—The best way to get anyone to behave better is through positive reinforcement. If he gets it right, definitely shower him with praise and appreciation. If he gets it partially right, really focus on the good stuff and say “thank you.” The more he feels he is succeeding, the more he will continue to try to please you. This concept is true all year round, by the way.
Great article from Dr. Ann, for more information click here
C. QUICK LINKS TO YOUR FAVORITE AREAS
Click here for hot deals and best values
Bella Sirena – Sonoran Spa – Sonoran Sea – Sonoran Sun – Sonoran Sky
Las Palmas – Las Palomas – Princesa – Las Gaviotas – Pinacate – Esmeralda
Puerta Privada – Encanto Living – Luna Blanca – Costa Diamante – Playa Dorada
Other Beach Areas
Las Conchas – Playa Encanto – Playa La Jolla – Mirador – Sandy Beach
Detailed Search – Automatic updates on new listings
602-300-5214 US Cell firstname.lastname@example.org
D. GREAT SERVICES IN ROCKY POINT
With so much life going on the gym continues to be a huge influence on our balance in life!
What makes these days special is my wife has now found here fitness style her kind of gym and she is hooked.
She looks amazing and a gap a void has been filled. With an incredible 9 years of being married the gym was a part of my past but not hers and now it is ours.
Thanks to Ant Team Gym my wife got hooked on now I am aswell. From the WOD workouts to powerlifting it has been great.
Sure Rocky Point is about relaxing – enjoying the beach – I get it! But if by chance you would like to get a great workout in give me a call for more information.
For more information click here
Med Ristorante Italiano have a Mediterranean cuisine with an amazing menu and you can enjoy it with all your family or friends. Give it a try!
You can find it at Plaza Gaviotas. Blvd Benito Juarez. Col. Centro. Puerto Peñasco, Next to Telcel
638 112 8066
or click here for more information
E. 10 WAYS TO MAKE ROOM FOR JOY IN YOUR LIFE
Your Action Plan is a monthly to-do list of tips straight from SUCCESS magazine—10 things you can do right now to improve yourself and your life.
This month, make your happiness a priority by freeing yourself of any lingering stress or negativity. Take inventory of your emotions and start creating the joyous life you deserve.
1. Filter Your World
This week, avoid the negative voices in your environment. Surround yourself with the books, people and news that uplift your spirit instead of drag you down.
2. Get It Done
Utilize the precious moments between meetings and phone calls to complete the things on your to-do list that you’ve been putting off. Choose production over perfection to boost your momentum and get the ball rolling.
3. Build Bravery
Confidence is like a muscle—you build it through consistent action. The next time you’re afraid of doing something, count down from five and just do it.
4. Health Check
Does thinking or discussing your financial situation cause you anxiety or stress? Take the money mindset quiz and take the necessary steps to build a healthy relationship with your finances.
A article from SUCCESS For more ways click here
F. SOLD RECENTLY IN ROCKY POINT MEXICO
Not sure about you but beyond what is for sale I am always interested… curious to review what has recently been taken advantage of.
H. FEBRUARY EVENTS
Feb 2 Connection Club @4:00 pm – Puesta del Sol Restaurant
Feb 2,5 Superbowl weekend @8:00 pm – Los Mtz
Feb 4 Mermaids arts market @ 10am – 3 pm – Shrimp Park
Feb 4 The Links – Pre-suprbowl Golf @12:00 om – The links golf course at Las Palomas
Feb 4 Natural History Talk @4:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 6 3rd annual BooBar Off-road poker run @9:00 am – BooBar at el Malecon
Feb 7 Natural History Talk @2:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 7 Tuesday Night Art Flick @8:00 pm – Puerto Viejo Cafe
Feb 9 Connection Club @4:00 pm – Puesta del Sol Restaurant
Feb 11 Music Academy Fundraiser Breakfast @8:00am – 12:00pm – Los Juanes El Mirador
Feb 11 CBS 9th Annual Golf Tournament @ 8:30 am – The links golf course at Las Palomas
Feb 11 Race car experience @ 11 am – 4 pm – Rocky Point Speedway
Feb 11 Rocky Point Chiropractic Open House! @12:00 – 3:00 pm – Rocky Point Chiropractic
Feb 11 Natural History Talk @4:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 11 Valentine´s Concert – Charity Lockhart “Whitney Houston Tribute Tour”
Feb 14 American Legion Surf & Turf Valentine’s Dinner @2:00 – 4:00 pm – American Legion MX Post 15
Feb 14 Natural History Talk @2:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 14 Tuesday Night Art Flick @8:00 pm – Puerto Viejo Cafe
Feb 16 Connection Club @4:00 pm – Puesta del Sol Restaurant
Feb 18 Race car experience @ 11 am – 3 pm – Rocky Point Speedway
Feb 18 9th Annual Taste of Peñasco @12:00 – 7:00pm – Peñasco del Sol Hotel
Feb 18 Natural History Talk @4:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 19 Las Conchas President Weekend Yard Sale @11:00 – 4:00 pm – Las Conchas
Feb 20 Jonny Rosch & Friends featuring guetar legend Steve Cropper @4:00 – 9:00pm BooBar at el Malecon
Feb 21 Conservationship Service presentation @1:00 pm – American Legion MX
Feb 21 Natural History Talk @2:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 21 Tuesday Night Art Flick @8:00 pm – Puerto Viejo Cafe
Feb 23 Connection Club @4:00 pm – Puesta del Sol Restaurant
Feb 24,25 & 26 Baloon Festival @ Laguna del Mar
Feb 25 Natural History Talk @4:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 25 2nd Annual Red Carpet Fundraiser @ 7:00 pm – Peñasco Expo Convention center
Feb 28 Natural History Talk @2:00 pm – CEDO Las Conchas
Feb 28 Tuesday Night Art Flick @8:00 pm – Puerto Viejo Cafe
For more information – Click here!
I. GRANT MACKENZIE JR. RE/MAX Platinum Living Arizona
For all your Phoenix and Scottsdale Real Estate needs contact someone you can trust. Call Grant MacKenzie Jr. for more information be it buying, selling and or leasing – believe me you are in good hands!
Grant N. MacKenzie
RE/MAX Platinum & RE/MAX Legacy
CLIENT REVIEW – if you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling I have here to help!
Testimonials Page – Click here!
Buying a home in Mexico was something we wanted to do for a long time. We just didn’t know how to go about it.
Branden was made for this. We are very happy with all the work that Branden and his team have done for us during and after the process of purchasing our Rocky Point beach home.
They were able to make our dream come true with as little pain as possible! Everything flowed smoothly with only a few bumps which were easily overcome. We could not be happier!
We would absolutely recommend Branden & his team to our family, friends and anyone looking to purchase their dream in Mexico.
Victor and Mary Martinez
Hope you enjoyed this months newsletter – I hope we get the chance to see you, meet you or be of good influence in your life in 2017.
Most importantly thank you for letting us serve you.
Branden MacKenzie, Owner/Partner
Office U.S. 602-334-4359
US Cell: 602-300-5214
Office MX: 638-383-1425
Oh by the way, I am never too busy for your referrals!
“Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes” – Kenneth Hildebrand